The Many Ways To Find 90.5 WESA Journalism
You know you can listen to WESA’s local reporting and NPR’s national coverage on the radio at 90.5 FM. But there are also many places to find our journalism in the digital world—you can livestream us when you’re away from the radio, follow our reporters on social media and dig into NPR’s smartphone apps.
Here’s where to find us:
1. You can livestream 90.5 WESA's radio feed by clicking the "Listen Live" button near the top of our website. It will also show you what show is currently playing.
2. Get to know our website, wesa.fm. It's filled with breaking news and deeply reported features from the WESA newsroom, as well as our content partners including Allegheny Front, Keystone Crossroads and PublicSource. You can also find national and international stories from NPR, the BBC and the Associated Press.
3. Subscribe to 90.5 WESA’s e-newsletter and receive regular updates about our most compelling stories, upcoming events and station news.
4. Love your smartphone? Here are a few apps you can download to make sure you’re keeping up-to-date with NPR and 90.5 WESA:
- NPR One is kind of like Pandora for public radio. You can hear national newscasts, peppered with local features, podcasts and shows. Make sure you’re listening to local content by tapping the menu bar and choosing 90.5 WESA as your home station.
- The NPR News app provides local and national news wherever you are. You can sign up for alerts, so you’re always aware of breaking news or other coverage.
- 90.5 WESA doesn’t have an app, but you can easily create a link to our website on your smartphone's home screen. Just go to wesa.fm on your smartphone or tablet browser and click “add to home screen.” (Here are some more detailed instructions.)
5. Subscribe to our podcasts on iTunes, NPR One, and Stitcher. We have podcasts on a variety of topics:
- Criminal (In)justice dives deep into the American criminal justice system with University of Pittsburgh Law Professor David Harris.
- Each week reporters, editors and bloggers join 90.5 WESA’s veteran journalist Kevin Gavin for an in-depth look at important stories to the Pittsburgh region on The Confluence.
- Wondering what type of impact the Trump administration will have on the environment? Check out Allegheny Front’s “Trump on Earth” podcast.
- Grapple, from our public media partners at Keystone Crossroads, features personal narratives and conversations with people across the state encountering a changing world.
6. Follow the station on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. If you want to follow newsroom staffers, here's a list. You should also consider following WYEP, Generation Listen Pittsburgh, The Allegheny Front and Keystone Crossroads.