Latest: Coronavirus In Pittsburgh
Publisher: 90.5 WESA
- Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 1:58 p.m.
- Starting Friday, all southwestern Pennsylvania counties, with the exception of Beaver, will move into the "yellow" phase of reopening. Pennsylvania and Allegheny County both reported spikes in the number of COVID-19 deaths, but the number of positive cases has slowed.
Latest COVID-19 case numbers:
- There are 58,698 positive cases of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania and 1,545 in Allegheny County. There have been 3,943 COVID-19-related deaths in Pennsylvania. Latest info.
Stay at home:
- Allegheny County is currently in the "red," and most restrictive phase, of Gov. Tom Wolf's shutdown order. All non-essential businesses are closed. Starting Friday, May 15, all southwestern Pennsylvania counties, with the exception of Beaver, will move into the "yellow" phase of reopening.
- All non-essential busineses are closed. Some non-essential businesses can reopen Friday. More info.
- There are currently 2,035 COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Pennsylvania and 454 patients on ventillators. Approximately 25 percent of the state's ventillators are currently in use. Approximately 38 percent of the state's Adult ICU beds are available and 45 percent of medical beds are available. More info.
- All Pennsylvania schools are closed through the end of the 2020 school year. Officials have not said if they'll reopen to students for fall 2020. More info.
- Pennsylvania has prohibited large gatherings of more than 10 people. Religious institutions are encouraged to find alternatives to in-person gatherings. More info.
How to get help:
- There is a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures in Pennsylvania through July 10. Renters and homeowners are still expected to pay their monthy rent and mortgages during this time. A number of Pittsburgh organizations are helping provide financial assistance during this time. More info.
How to help:
- Find a list of ways to donate and help here.
- Buses and light rail are operating under modified schedules. More info.
How to stay safe:
- A list of ways to keep yourself safe while shopping for groceries and other items. More info.