By providing in-kind media sponsorship to local nonprofit organizations, 90.5 WESA exposes listeners to a variety of cultural, artistic and community experiences that entertain, promote discourse, and increase participation in our community.
Media sponsorships include a limited number of on-air announcements throughout all dayparts; event calendar listings on the website; and listings in email newsletters.
How to Apply
To be considered for a media sponsorship, download and complete the application form and email the completed form to email@example.com (preferred) or print and mail to 90.5 WESA, attention: Marketing Department, 67 Bedford Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15203. Applications must be received
· by midnight, March 31 for events taking place July 1 through December 31;
· by midnight, October 15 for events taking place January 1 through June 30.
Applicants will be notified by email of the results of their applications not later than 30 days after the deadline. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Download a copy of the program guidelines for reference.
90.5 WESA Media Sponsorships are awarded based on the following criteria
· Nonprofit status of the applicant organization
· Event alignment with 90.5 WESA’s Mission and service to our audience
· Event target audience
· Event timing; inventory is limited and we cannot accommodate all requests.
Media Sponsorship recipients provide 90.5 WESA with
· Placement of the station’s logo on all print, online, and press material relating to the event;
· Opportunity for on-site presence such as a table or booth, banners, or stage announcements, if applicable;
· In-kind tickets to the event (if ticketed)
There is a limit of three events per sponsorship application; only one application per organization per 6-month period will be accepted; incomplete applications may be disqualified. Media sponsorships are not renewable; current or previous media sponsorships or underwriting agreements do not guarantee a media sponsorship.
Advocacy or fundraising campaigns are not eligible for media sponsorship. 90.5 WESA does not air Public Service Announcements (PSAs). Media sponsorships do not include programming appearances, interviews, special announcements, or on-air ticket giveaways.
If you have questions about media sponsorships, email Hannah Brizzi, Marketing Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about underwriting opportunities on 90.5 WESA, please contact Dorothy Frank, Director of Corporate Support, email@example.com.