Others Aren't Charged In Teen's State College Inhalant Death

Dec 12, 2019

Authorities say criminal charges won’t be filed against people who were present when an Erie teenager died of chemical asphyxia in October from inhaling nitrous oxide.

The Centre Daily Times reported Thursday that police say people with 17-year-old Jack Schoenig immediately called 911 and cooperated with the investigation.

Centre County District Attorney Bernie Cantorna tells the paper that Schoenig inhaled the gas from a cartridge of nitrous oxide designed to charge whipped cream dispensers. The death of Schoenig, a senior from Cathedral Preparatory School in Erie, was ruled accidental.