State police say an infant overdosed on fentanyl after his parents fell asleep while using the drug in a vehicle at their Pennsylvania home.
The 11-month-old boy was unconscious and not breathing when he was found around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday by a family member. Emergency responders administered the anti-overdose drug naloxone and he was taken to a hospital, where he remained Thursday.
The child's parents, 31-year-old Charles Salzman Jr. and 30-year-old Kristen Bristow, allegedly used heroin/fentanyl in their vehicle with their child inside while parked at their Cochranville home. After they fell asleep, the boy found and ingested the drugs while seated inside the vehicle.
Salzman and Bristow each face charges of aggravated assault, child endangerment, recklessly endangering another person and other counts. It's not known if they've retained attorneys.