Development/Major Giving Internship
WESA is in the process of expanding its Major Giving Program. We are looking for an individual who would like to gain experiences in resource development for non-profit organizations.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn from a seasoned development professional. The ideal candidate is passionate about public radio, has excellent interpersonal, writing and organizational skills along with a desire to:
- Learn how to raise money for non-profit organizations.
- Meet and interact with major donors (including business and community leaders).
- Support major donor cultivation events and campaigns.
- Conduct research on prospective major donors.
- Write profiles on major donors and prepare copy for major donor correspondence.
- Manage confidential information and exercise good boundaries.
- Assist with database updates and utilize email communication system.