Listen to WESA
You can listen to Pittsburgh's NPR News station on the radio, or stream us on your computer or smartphone, via our app or on your smart speakers. Here's how to hear 90.5 WESA :
- Over the air: 90.5 WESA can be heard on 90.5 FM in Pittsburgh, PA; 92.3 FM in New Baltimore; 100.5 FM in Johnstown, and 104.1 FM in Ligonier and Somerset.
- HD radio : 90.5 WESA is also transmitted as 90.5 HD1. 90.5 HD2 is our jazz service, JazzWorks. We offer 24/7 broadcasting of the BBC World Service on 90.5 HD3.
- Live Stream : To listen to WESA, click the "play" button in the dark gray bar above. To listen to JazzWorks, click on "All Streams" in the dark gray bar and click "Jazzworks."
Need help? We have a handy 'How To' to help you with our players here.
Smartphone or tablet apps:
- 90.5 WESA has a new app. Find it on iTunes and Google Play.
- NPR One is kind of like Pandora for public radio. You can hear national newscasts, peppered with local features, podcasts and shows. Make sure you’re listening to local content by tapping the menu bar and choosing 90.5 WESA as your home station.
- The NPR News app provides local and national news wherever you are. You can sign up for alerts, so you’re always aware of breaking news or other coverage.
Smart speakers: We have a full guide to smart speakers here, but the quick version:
- “Alexa, play W-E-S-A.” Make sure to spell our letters out. This is a live stream, just like what you’d hear on a traditional radio.
- “Alexa, play [WESA show or podcast name].” To play the latest episode of a specific WESA show or podcast.
Not an Amazon customer? No problem. These commands also work with Google Home (start with “OK Google,” instead) and Apple HomePod (start with "Hey Siri").
Subscribe to our podcasts on iTunes, Google Play, NPR One and Stitcher:
- The Confluence with Kevin Gavin is WESA's morning news show, featuring interviews with Pittsburgh's leaders.
- WESA Good Question! with Katie Blackley answers your questions about Pittsburgh culture and history.
Find us on social media:
Get WESA in your inbox:
Subscribe to Inbox Edition and receive a morning e-newsletter covering Pittsburgh, state, and national news.