5 Reasons Why People Should Go to MLB Spring Training
This month the call of “play ball” will be heard in ballparks around the country.
Fans of the game who want an early look at the boys of summer may want to venture to Florida to participate in the annual spring training games for Major League Baseball.
Correspondent Elaine Labalme discussed the five benefits of traveling to these games.
1. The first stop for Pittsburgh fans has to be a visit to Bradenton to see the Pirates play.
2. A bit farther south, in Fort Myers, fans can find the defending World Series Champions, the Boston Red Sox, along with Sea Kayak Tours.
3. Spend the month of March in Jupiter, on Florida’s east coast while watching the defending NL Central Champions, the St. Louis Cardinals. Take a visit to the Palm Beach International Raceway
4. When visiting the Phillies in Clearwater, you have Lebalme’s favorite beach, Clearwater Beach
5. Finally the Braves’ training facility in Lake Buena Vista, where fans will find plenty of attractions including Walt Disney World